Monday, January 11, 2010

Mono WebClient Basic Authorization pre-authenticate problems

For the last few week I have been trying to set Mono WebClient to send (.. yeah.. simple... just send the fricking..) Basic Authorization header. Apparently, somebody is just too smart to decide not sending the header on the first request for security reason (sending user credential).

Well, the problem is that Acegi/Spring security does not necessarily send 401 header since authentication can be done using Authorization header as well as form. I am using code that works perfectly on Microsoft .NET 2.0/3.5. I have not been able to get it to work on Mono on FC11.

I wish somebody really looked at the problem and have it fixed soon otherwise I have to use Java and Apache Commons HTTP.

1 comment:

Security Guard Services said...

It’s a great and helpful piece of information. There are many ways to secure any company through different means. But you also described well. That publishes truly made my day. You cannot imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!